Monday, December 10, 2012

Not as good as yesterday

We are all sick.

Thursday Nate cam home from school all droopy and quiet. I caught him sitting against the wall not doing or saying anything, which is very unusual for him. He had a temp of 101.

The next morning, Nick had a temp of 102, and Nate's had skyrocketed to 103,  so I called them in sick.

And I went about my business as bet I could, trying to do secret holiday things, go grocery shopping, etc, but with the boys at home.

Saturday, the older boys seemed better.Nate was still a bit sluggish, so Steve took him to get the Christmas tree while I took the other two to karate. Then I took all boys with me on an errand, and we arrived back hom just in time to make it to a Birthday Party Andy had to go to when... he told me he felt sick. And he had a fever.

At this point I was convinced - 100% sure - that Nick and Nate were better and that Andy was just getting the illness, but that by Monday, today, it would be history.

Sunday morning Nate's fever had returned and he was coughing. Andy was feverish and coughing. But the worst, the very worst thing, is that I was also not feeling well. I was feeling so unwell, in fact, that I chose not to go to church. I never don't go to church. I love church and I sing in the choir and I go to rehearsal and practice the choir songs so by golly I usually move heaven and earth to get myself to church just so I can sing. I've gone there with colds and with half a voice.

But not yesterday.

As the day went on, things got worse. We put on movie after movie for the boys. I took some Nyquil and gave Nate some cough syrup, which knocked him out. He slept from 2pm to 3pm in the living room, then we put on a movie that I slept through, then I climbed into be at 5pm and NAte climbed in with me. And we both slept. I woke up to eat and to change into PJ's, but Nate said no. He stayed in that bed until 7am.

Yesterday I took it easy. I didn't do anything I didn't have to. I let Steve make lunch and dinner for the boys.

When I got up this morning I figured it would be the same. I'd just take it easy.

 But the things is, everything I didn't do yesterday is still waiting for me. The trash is grossly full and it stinks. The dishwasher needs emptying and the dishes need doing. The laundry needs folding and putting away, and I really need to get another load in before Nate runs out of pants. And Steve is sick now, too, so he will be no help.

So really...I'm not going to get to rest today, am I?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The elf on the shelf took care of all that stuff.

Jamie said...

I am so sorry you are all sick!! You hang in there, and don't bother with things like folding laundry.

Lindax0x0x0x0x said...

O, no! You have it too! It takes 10 days to get over it, if it's the same strain we got down here! Feel better soon!