Monday, November 09, 2009

A Poke In The Eye

This is Andy on Halloween. (I haven't taken any photos since then.) He's carrying one of the little glow sticks that Aunt Nancy got the boys. Nick ad Nate immediately began fighting with them and calling them "Life Savers." You know. Like Star Wars, but for kids. And Andy immediately began sticking it in his eye.

I have no idea why, but he kept doing it. Slowly, deliberately, repeatedly.

And in other news, yes, I have had a birthday, which is why I didn't post (taking the day off, you know.) This year I can no longer pretend that I am in my "early thirties" and must admit to being in my "mid-thirties."

You know, I don't feel old. I don't feel geezer-like or any more out of it than I have always felt. I attribute this to the fact that I was never that fond of popular culture or doing what young people do. OK, I'm a lot more tired. But that's the kids, right?

3 comments:

LARISSA said...

Well if he is sticking stuff in his eye, rather than his mouth, it is safe to say he has moved on from the "oral fixation" stage?

Jean said...

A very happy birthday, Kathleen. And that is a very adorable picture of Andy.

Susan's Losin' said...

Happy Birthday, Kathleen! No, you are not geezer-like in any way! Leave that to the real geezers. Soon you will look back and realize how young you really are.