Sunday, July 21, 2013

The Great Job Search

So... I'm looking for a job.

There are a few things, making this hard.

First off, I haven't worked in 9 years. For some reason this makes potential employers see me as untrustworthy. Maybe they think I've just forgotten how to work, that I might have an urge to eat bonbons and put my feet up after only 20 minutes of hard... whatever it is this particular job requires.

There are other things, but I'm not going to get into them right now because this post is set up to be full of complaints as it is, and I don't want it to get too heavy and stale.

Anyway, I've been looking at all sorts of things, from jobs as teacher assistants to jobs as recruiting assistants to office manager positions.  I haven't gotten tired of looking on the job site, though. It's always a surprise, looking at the types of jobs it 'thinks' I might be interested in.

Order Filler, part-time, 3pm to midnight, M-F, 20 hours a week. Apparently you don't need math.

Environmental Test Tech. Because of my environmental background, I'm sure. Or maybe it was all the science?

Assembler I. Must be able setups systems.

Delivery Tech. part-time. At least 1 year(s).

Extrusion Supervisor. I didn't even know what this was. I had to look it up. Apparently it has something to do with jumpsuit clad smiling people and plastics. I've heard good things about plastics. But seriously, is it my science background?

Anyway, I'm still looking. I haven't given up. In the meantime, I'm thinking of emailing the job site and asking if they need a proofreader. Not that I'm a great proofreader, but I found those mistakes.

1 comment:

Lindax0x0x0x0x said...

If you combine proofreading for the website with the same for local Chinese restaurants, you could probably make a pretty good living! But just keep submitting resumes, calling former colleagues & checking the website. It will happen.