Thursday, July 05, 2012

Tennis

I signed the boys up for tennis lessons this year.


OK, saying that makes it sound like we did something I didn't actually do. It  sounds as though my kids were one on one with a private coach, teaching them how to hit a killer backhand from the baseline.

When in reality, I just signed Nick and Nate up for a 4-day program through the town recreation department. They played games with tiny rackets and large tennis balls, learning how to roll a ball to a friend with a racket, how to hit a ball after a bounce, to turn sideways when hitting the ball, and how to balance this ball on a racket.

The boys had a great time, and I wish I had signed them up for more than one week. I just hadn't wanted to be too... you know. Pushy. Overconfident.

But after a week of the program, I am sure that next year I will sign them up for as many weeks as I can. It will be worth it.



2 comments:

Lindax0x0x0x0x said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lindax0x0x0x0x said...

And soon Wimbledon for all!!