Saturday, July 07, 2012

Saturday

It's Saturday.

I used to spend Saturday mornings camped out in front of the TV, watching animated movies with the boys as I pumped out a week's worth of blog posts.

And then.... then I started doing this P90x thing.

I plan on doing a different post on P90x and working out in general, but for now let me just say that P90X works you out 7 days a week.

7.
Days.
Every Day. In the week.

I was used to running like I was being chased for 5 days, and then spending two days sleeping and eating pie while looking up funny quotes pasted onto cute kitty pictures on Facebook. & days a week required a (gulp) lifestyle change.

And I no longer had my luxurious Saturday mornings to spend pounding out blog posts.

Instead, I'm been squeezing one or two in after the Saturday AM workout, and then writing a few more down while the boys do karate, and cutting and pasting during lunch. It's doable, especially if I remember to take lots of pictures. If a photograph can be a post all by itself, then I don't have to spend time thinking up something to say. And then typing it. And then backspacing when I get something wrong, or spell something incorrectly, or change my mind. It took five minutes just to write this paragraph. Seriously.

This morning I sat myself down, freshly showered and ready to pump 'em out. I turned on my camera and "No Image Available."

No image... shoot.

Do you know what this means? It means I did not take any pictures all week long. Not a single one. I have nothing new to show you, only crazy stories to tell. I'm really sorry. Especially since it's summer and you're on vacation and you don't want a whole lot of heavy reading,

Sorry! Next week shall be made entirely of interesting and cute pictures, and you won't have to read more than ten words. OK?

No comments: