Saturday, January 12, 2013

Not As Often

If you are a regular reader of my blog, you will have noticed by now that I haven't really been... well, blogging.

This wasn't a computer malfunction, or some glitch of the site. It wasn't an oversight on my part, either. No, this was a choice. I made a choice to blog less often. Much, much less often.

And there are a few reasons for it.

First of all, if anything of immediate interest happens to me, I will probably post it on FaceBook sooner or later. I know, I know, it's horrible. And not everyone HAS Facebook. It's OK, Linda, I'll call you and send you emails. You too, Mom. Although I'm not sure what I'd say.

See, another thing is, I feel I am often scraping the bottom of the barrel to come up with something to post about. What was that cute thing one of the kids said the other day? Didn't I snap a photo of the boys in the few moments they were not fighting or eating or playing a video game? I'll use this one, even though it's blurry. Although I actually do believe that everything my kids do is amazing, I know the rest of the world doen't agree, and why should it?

Which leads us to a third reason. When I am looking for topics to blog about, I tend to ruminate on certain things which should NOT be blogged about. There is, surprisingly, a rather long list of these things. I do not wish to embarrass my children (too much.) I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings. I don't want to post about arguments or disagreeable things that will come back to haunt me later. I realize that, in the lifetime of this blog, I've done all three, without meaning to. And if there is something that I am particularly focused on, someone's performance in school, for example, or maybe an argument that I had with someone,.. If I am focused on that one thing, I may not be able to articulate much else.

And let's face it. I am a busy person. Between keeping my home livable and the floors relatively lego free, and making sure my children are getting to school, practicing piano, doing homework, getting to karate, between making dinner, volunteering, church, choir, and all that... well, I find I don't have a lot of extra time. And even when I do have a few moments, I would rather be reading or writing something else.

So.

There you have it. I will not be posting as often. I'm aiming for one or two posts a week. If we're all lucky, there will be photos.

I'm sorry. I really am. I have found that this blog is a treasure of past memories, a record of my children and how they have grown. I hope that not too many of you stop reading completely.





4 comments:

Lindax0x0x0x0x said...

Nooooo! I love those blurry photos of the children! The pics of the field behind the house showing weather & clouds & different colored flora! Photographic evidence of what the pets are doing! These are very very important to ME! Now, that beng said, YOU are a very busy mommy-woman & some down time instead of wracking your brain for an interesting subject works too! Just remember that's exactly what your father does every day -- the apple doesn't fall too far from the broadcast tree!

Jamie said...

I love your blog and I'll probably still check it every day even if you don't post every day :o).

Debs said...

I'll still be checking in :)

Jean said...

Me too!