Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Old Crazy Neighbor Lady

It's been cold here. I know, I know, it's been cold and freezing everywhere. I'm not saying we're any different.

But the other night I came home and the thermometer in my car said "1."

One. 1. It's so insulting when it's a temperature. One.. What is that?

And the kids, they are just so... they refuse to wear hats and gloves. They bring them to school in their backpacks.

A couple of days ago I was driving to the school to pick the boys up, and I saw a girl walking home after the bus dropped her off. She was old enough to walk home from the bus stop. Maybe twelve?

She was carrying her jacket.

In her arms.

The thermometer in the car said "9."

9 is better than 1. But not so's you'd really notice.

I wanted to roll down the window and shout, "Hey! Little Girl! Put on your coat! It's cold!"


1 comment:

Lindax0x0x0x0x said...

I love it! You should have done it & added, "If you don't, I will tell your mother!" Hee hee hee!