Monday, August 12, 2013

Mommy Fail

Nate was reading a new library book to us at bedtime. It was a book called Odd Duck, and it's about ducks. Story ducks, you know, who act like people, but who are ducks, all the same.

At this point in our story, the Main Duck was meeting the New Neighbor Duck, who was, as luck would have it, different. One might even say, odd.

The book said: But one thing was for certain.

Nate read aloud: But she knew one thing. He was Korean.

And that's when I cracked up laughing. I think Nate was embarrassed. He placed his hand over my mouth. "Laugh with your mouth closed!" he said.

But I just couldn't! I kept picturing a Korean Duck.
Nate, Cape Cod, 2013

1 comment:

Lindax0x0x0x0x said...

You can't laugh with your mouth closed! It's like sneezing with your mouth closed...your head will explode! Otherwise that boy is a genius -- he can see subtle differences in Anas Platyrhincos!