Tuesday, January 06, 2015

Lost In A Good Book

I haven't read a book in ages.

I used to have three or four going at once, and when I was tired of reading one, I'd dogear the page and pick up a different one.

I read doing everything - going to sleep, waking up, rocking babies, cooking... I read in the bath. I'd even tried to read in the shower. I'd even tried to read on the treadmill, but the words were too bouncy.

I can't tell you when I stopped, really. I think it was about the time I got my ipad. Suddenly I was playing games, and they were stupid games. Sure, I had books on the iPad, and I read some of those, but mostly I watched TV.

When Steve and I first split I read a lot of stupid E-books. In my head they don't count, because they were mostly poorly written romances with terrible typos and bad grammar. Many of them had horrible plots and dialogue that made me laugh out loud. But at 3am, they kept me sane. 

But these days, I do watch a lot more TV than before.

It's because I can't read while I fold laundry or do dishes. I can't read while I clean the house and change the sheets.

I got so many books for Christmas. And I love them all.... well, I'm excited about reading them all. I have a huge stack of them piled up, and I want to get sucked in to every single one of those marvelous worlds...

But I need to find the time. I need to make the time. I need to figure out what happened to make me unable to get lost in a good book...

1 comment:

Lindax0x0x0x0x said...

Sometimes we just need a break, then suddenly, it's back on & we're racing through hundreds of pages at the speed of sight!