Saturday, June 06, 2009

Strawberry Fields Forever

Today was the infamous Strawberry Festival that our town has yearly to raise money for the Library.

It's a good time - the kids get to bounce and climb on inflatable slides, there's a dunk tank with a schedule of "sitters" ranging from local politicians to school teachers, there are booths where kids can make bookmarks or do and art, the police and the fire departments park their vehicles and the kids can climb all over them. The community band plays their works, this year including the Star Wars theme, the Spiderman theme, and a suite from Mama Mia. Not to mention food and Strawberry Shortcakes!

And there's a raffle.

I purchased a number of raffle tickets because I want to support the library. Not because I thought I'd win anything.

But you know, we're lucky at raffles.

I went back this afternoon to pick up our basket of tub toys, musical instruments, and discounts to Kindermusic and a nearby toy store.

Really... I feel guilty when we win.

No comments: