Sunday, June 14, 2009

UP!

Today I took Nicholas and Nathan to see the movie UP!

I thought it was a really good movie. I cried at the beginning, and also at the end. We saw it in 3D, and it was kinda cool.

But I must say 2 things:

1 - if you are in a group of more than 2 people, and you are going to see a movie and wish to sit together, please show up BEFORE the movie start time. Especially if there are kids with you. Especially if you then have to discuss the seating arrangements loudly and then discuss who gets to hold the nachos and versus who gets to hold the pretzels. It's annoying.

2 - Nick and Nate are extremely well behaved at the movies. Now, I know this isn't exactly like having a kid who can play a sonata or recite the constitution. And it would help if they could also behave at the dinner table. But... I was so proud. They sat quietly, watching the movie. They whispered their questions. They never once shouted anything out. Unlike the late-comers who sat their two children next to Nate, on the aisle. The boy was, unfortunately, also named Nathan. And he appeared older than Nick. But instead of sitting quietly, he turned to speak to his mother, who was sitting a row behind him, in a loud voice. "Mom, this is in 3D!" or "Mom, hold this!" And his mother actually reached over and spoke loudly a couple of times. "I'll take the rest of those!" Sheesh!

No comments: