Monday, December 01, 2008

Evil Inside

The only thing better than being an evil mother is listening to your kids relate to each other about how evil you are. For example, this afternoon Nathan, who had not napped, ran up to me and asked me for an orange. "I'm sorry, I had to throw the clementines away because they were rotten," I said.

Nate persevered and said "Then I am gonna have an apple."

I shook my head. "I'm sorry, but I didn't get any apples today." How rude of me.

Nathan was overcome with frustration, and ran away in tears. I then heard him talking to Nick in the next room. "Mommy said 'No, Apple, Nate!' Because she didn't get any!"

I laughed to myself because... well, it's just funny to hear. Here he is, telling on me and my harsh mother like rules, such as " you can't have what we do not have." And then Nicholas said - in the tone of voice that clearly meant his brother was SO LAME "Then just go get a banana."

"OK!" Nate exclaimed cheerfully, and came back out to get a banana, which we had plenty of. He finished it before his tears were dry on his cheeks.

5 comments:

queenmabby said...

i love that story:)

Jamie said...

that is a pretty great story. i'm pretty proud of all of you.

Jean C said...

That is so cute -- really made me smile

Anne-E. said...

I love this photo of Em.

Lindax0x0x0x0x said...

That's the face Em makes when YOUR mother tells her there are no clementines, she forgot to buy coffee & Skippy was just eaten by one of the cats.