Friday, December 19, 2008

Getting In The Mood


This photo is from Andy's Birthday. See how the big brothers are poised to gently remove the toy from the baby's arms?

Now that we have electricity back, I'm in a MUCH better mood. I only hope they get it back today for the rest of the thousands of people still in the dark.

I love Christmas, and sometimes I can't help but try and get the boys excited , too. SO the other evening I got down on the floor with Nate. "What are you going to get me from Christmas?" I asked him.

He didn't hesitate. "A Wall-E Toy."

"But Nate, You're the one that wants a Wall-E Toy. I don't want a Wall-E toy. You should get me something that I would like, like a picture, or a hair clip."

Nate got really excited. "Yeah! I am gonna get you a hair clip with Butterflies on it!"

I smiled and nodded. "I would love a hair clip with butterflies on it!"

But he went on. "Or I'm gonna get you a hair clip with Mommies on it! And you can put it in your hair!"

"Mommies on it?" I asked.

And with no less excitement he said. "And I can get a hair clip with Nathans on it!"

I laughed. "Nathans?"

"And I can put it in my hair!" He placed his hand delicately on his head. "And then I can be like a Nathan!"

"What are you like now?" I asked.

He looked at me like I was crazy.

"I'm Nathan!" He said.


Oh, of course.

3 comments:

Jean C said...

Love this little story. Merry, Merry Christmas to all of you!!!!!

Lindax0x0x0x0x said...

You're all gettin Wall-E stuff whether you like it or not. It's in the Disney handbook. The Mouse has successfully managed a leveraged take-over of the North Pole. Santa has been retired. It's all Disney stuff from here on out, so find a character you like & get used to it! Mwah hah hah hah hah hah hah hah!!!

Lindax0x0x0x0x said...

PS We also make hairclips too!