Monday, April 06, 2009

Whirlwind

Today was crazy.
Responding to my last post, Andy rebelled and woke up three times last night. Nicholas ran a high fever, so I didn't take him to school. But I took Nate. It started pouring rain, so my plans to work outside this afternoon in the yard had to b put off. Which was good because I needed to catch up on laundry and clean the house. But then Nick woke from nap complaining of a sore throat. I called the doctor's office, drove to pick up Nate (with the two other boys in tow), drove back home to clean the bathrooms and cancel a playdate for tomorrow, drove to the pharmacy to buy more children's motrin, drove to the doctor's office where the boys jumped around the waiting area and then the examination room until the doctor told us Nick had bronchitis, drove to the grocery store where I could get the perscribtions filled and also pick up some dinner, and then back home where I fed the kids, folded laundry, bathed them, struggled to remember what happened in the story "Rapunzel" and then finaly tucked them in.
Which brings me to now.
I have a headache.
What I'd really like is to take a bath, and then curl up in bed with a cup of tea. But I can't muster up the energy to get the toys out of the tub. Instead, I'm sitting here watchng "The Princess Bride" on TV and thinking about all the things I didn't do again today - put away the laundry, hang the pictures, work in the yard, put away the humidifiers... And trying not to break into the Easter Candy I have stored away.

No comments: