Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Back to "Normal"

Yesterday I drove my sister Anne-E to the bus station early in the morning, and Emily drove herself off to the airport shortly after noon.

It was really really nice to have my sisters visit. We didn't get to spend enough time together. I know this because they didn't have the chance to get on my nerves even just a little bit. Obviously next time they must stay until I get slightly irritated at least for a moment.

While they were here we had 2 karate classes, 2 T-ball games, 1 piano recital, and 1 gymnastics class. We ate out 3 times. I did nine loads of laundry. It was really fun. I had a great time just with the usual chaos. I miss them already.

Right now I'm getting over that little bout of depression I always get when a visit ends, particularly a visit I've been looking forward to for awhile. This has happened to me all my life, only now that I'm an adult I can recognize it in myself, and even look back and think "Oh, so that's what that was" about that time when I was seven and the Wolfes went home after a long weekend and I claimed to feel sick and crawled into my parents' bed for three days.

There is no time to slow down here. Tonight we had piano lessons - the first after the recital. Tomorrow is karate, and I need to clean the house (run the vacuum and all that). I have birthday parties to plan and gifts to purchase and a 10th anniversary creeping up. Go, Fleen, Go!


1 comment:

Lindax0x0x0x0x said...

Sounds like an excellent time! I think lots of people get that after a good visit, but don't know what it is. Good thing you know!