Saturday, May 05, 2012

The Green Grass Grows

Last weekend I handed the boys a bag of grass seed and had them plant it in the bald spots in the front yard.

A couple of years ago I tried planting grass seed up there. The rain started falling moments after I spread the seed, washing the seed down into the driveway and into the flower beds where I had just planted tulips.

Last year I bought something called Turf Builder (maybe it was something else?) and I spread it around rather unevenly. I thought it was grass seed, but I think it was actually just weed killer. Instead of anything growing, it just killed the few stalks of crabgrass and dandelions that were out there, making the bald spots much, much balder.

So after all that, I figured it couldn't get much worse handing the boys a bag of plain old grass seed.

Of course, the next day it rained, but as I directed them to stay at the top of the slope, I son't think the seed will wash down all the way.

It's actually been cold, cloudy and rainy all week, with a notable lack of sun. I'm hoping when this weather breaks, the grass will actually start to grow.


The white stuff? Grass seed.

1 comment:

Lindax0x0x0x0x said...

Excellent! This is the beginning of "3 Brothers Lawn & Garden Service". You are a genius!!