Saturday, May 12, 2012

Working It Out

I've started working out again.

I took a long time off. I wanted to make very very sure my ankle healed properly, because I'm tired of having to worry about it. But at my last doctor's visit I found out the lump was never actually going to leave the back of my heel. And then I stepped on the scale and found out I was a full ten pounds heavier than I was a month ago. I kind of knew it was coming, because the jeans that used to fit but then started falling down were actually fitting again.

So.

Yes.

I have a couple of plans in motion. I'm doing a couple of different things. I plan to add shorter runs in as soon as things pick up a bit, and possibly when the days get warmer.

So far, I'm four days back into it, and I feel like... well... I have never felt more like a lump of heavy clay. For some reason the people on the video spring up and down like it's nothing, and I can't manage to move at all. Also, when I jump, I hit the ceiling fan. I sometimes feel like I'm working out in a closet. It's odd.

But I'm hopeful. Even if I don't lose the weight, maybe I can at least get back into the skinny jeans. Not actually skinny jeans, but the jeans I used to wear when... never mind.

1 comment:

Lindax0x0x0x0x said...

Yes! Go for it! But please take care of yourself too.