Monday, December 09, 2013

Can I Have A Cookie?

When I was a kid, we used to watch Bill Cosby - Himself. We thought it was hilarious. Especially the part where the toddler builds a staircase to reach the cookie she knows she's not supposed to have.

I took advantage of having the boys trapped in the car and re-enacted this little sequence for them. "What are you doing?" "I get the cookie for you!" "I don't want the cookie!" "Then can I have it?"

I was giggling as I said it, more because of how funny I was remembering it was. But from the backseat, there was silence.

"Get it?" I asked.

"I don't think two year olds are supposed to have cookies," said Nick.

"Of course they can!"

"Then did she get the cookie?"

They don't find it funny. Not at all. It's just a regular old conversation to them. Because they still do stuff like that ALL THE TIME! If not, then see the logic, but not the humor.

Before you go thinking they might be too smart, two minutes later one of them farted and they laughed until we got home. So.... yeah.

No comments: