Tuesday, December 03, 2013

Nate's Poetry

Nathan is working on a poetry unit in school.

This means that they're reading some different kinds of poetry, and also that he's writing some poems himself. He likes doing this a lot, and last night he informed me that when he grew up he was going to be a poet.

We had a short conversation about being a poet. I told him I thought he's be good at it, but that it was hard to make a living that way.

His response was to hand me three poems this morning for me to post.  "And for every 'like' I get, you give me a dollar.

We haggled, and now I'm giving him a quarter for every comment left below. Remember, he's buying holiday gifts for some of you people. You might want to leave a couple of words.

Seriously, the last one is my favorite.


Christmas

Santa present
Red and red
Soon Santa's coming
So go to bed



Cookies

Roses are red,
Violets are blue
I know that cookies
Can be, too!



Rush Hour In The City

The trains are gone,
The busses are taken,
The cabs are, too.
Finally, there is a cab,
And I looked at my watch.
It was too bad.
I was late for work.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are amazing!!

Lindax0x0x0x0x said...

Wow! Nate, I am sure you can grow up to be Poet Laureate! Those are amazing poems. I like all of them!

Anne-E. said...

Brilliant! William Carlos Williams.

Jean said...

These are great!! I love them all

Anonymous said...

Wow! Those poems remind me of Grandpa's. I loved them all. And I especially liked the last one!

This remark is not really from anonymous, it's from Nate's grandma.

Debs said...

impressive :) well done Nate

Jamie said...

Love, love, and love!!!