Wednesday, December 11, 2013

What's In The Box?

If you're anything like me, you've ordered a lot of things online over the past couple of weeks.

In fact, I've ordered so many different types of items from a multitude of stores, and the delivery people do not seem to be at all concerned that there might be children around begging to know what's in the box. At least all of the boxes that have arrived have been brown. When you order a larger item from certain places, such as ToysRUs, the item sometimes arrives simply in the original packaging, with the photo of the item on the front, and no way to disguise what's inside from an over-excited three year old.

Anyway, I whisk the boxes upstairs as soon as I can, and figure out what's in them later. Sometimes I know, because the store is on them. Sometimes I have no idea, because the item was actually ordered by another person.

But yesterday a large box was delivered. And by large, I mean it was huge. Andy could have stretched himself out in this box and taken a nap. And I couldn't for the life of me think of what it might be. Someone had told me to expect a delivery, but it didn't sound like anything this huge, and it was too recent a conversation for this to be that item. I was waiting for a number of smaller things, but nothing this huge.

So I chanced it and opened the box.

And that's when I remembered that I had placed an order for a number of bankers boxes for a project I was doing. Bankers boxes. Ten of them. Shipped... in a box twice their size.

Does this seem absurd to anyone else?

1 comment:

Lindax0x0x0x0x said...

What a great idea! Open a bank in your home & collect other peoples money! You are a genius! I'm going to do it too! All I need is those Bankers Boxes to be official!