Thursday, July 23, 2009

Deck Of Cards


Yesterday we got a letter from the school the boys attended last year informing us that they are closing. Enclosed was a check for the deposit I had sent in for Nathan in the fall. And a few thoughts / emotions ran through my mind.

1 - guilt. Because I chose public kindergarten over the school's existing kindergarten and contributed to the downfall of the school.

2 - sympathy for the teachers, who I trusted with my children, and who must now scurry around to find new jobs.

3 - Oh My Lord, where am I gonna send Nate next FALL?!?I had this all SET! Not just until Nate went into Kindergarten, but until ANDY went to Kindergarten, and Andy wasn't even enrolled...

Most schools that I would like to send Nate to begin accepting children at age 3. Which means that I either have to wait until Andy is 3 to send him to school (which I don't want to do because I've already been having fantasies about 3 mornings a week of no kids) or send Nate to a school that is less than what I want for him, which I don't want to do because he deserves the best. Or send 3 kids to 3 different schools for one year of my life.... one, sad, likely miserable year.

Anyway, I'm doing a whirlwind tour of local schools for the next couple of days, as are apparently, every other parent that had a kid enrolled at old school. Which means there's just a leeetle pressure to sign up yesterday.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

ummm....that sucks. fingers crossed finding a decent alternative soon! On the other hand, you could always home school the boys.