Friday, July 24, 2009

Nate Has A Home

Yesterday I dragged the kids to four different child care facilities. I ended up choosing the one that was brand new, and second to most expensive. We'll be paying ten dollars a week less for three mornings instead of three half days. But this way I'll be able to pick him up on my way home from picking up Nick instead of making a second trip out.

I have to admit, I was mad. When public kindergarten finally opened enrollment, we stared getting surveys asking about our intentions. They kept asking for information again and again, and was sufficiently wishy washy to frighten parents away. Because if you need care for your child, you don't want to sign them up for a class that won't take place. And I know parents who moved to other kindergartens because they were nervous.

I would have thought they would get creative. Make the kindergarten class smaller and form another toddler class. One for two-year-olds, so that kids like Nate wouldn't be in classes with eighteen-month-olds. The toddler class was always full.

I think I feel more betrayed or abandoned than I would like to admit. And I'm nervous because this new place... is new. I just have to keep reassuring myself that all will be well.

No comments: