Thursday, July 09, 2009

Swimmy-Dim-DIm

Swimmy-Dim-Dim is the name of Nick's stuffed sea turtle. The boys invent all sorts of interesting names for their toys and stuffies. While we were on vacation, Nick introduced his bakupal "DrillKiller" and Nate introduced HIS bakupal "boop-bee-boop." Nate also named one of his toys "Hey-Cool-Dude" and while we were there adopted a small rooster figurine he named "Lloyd."

But anyway...

Last summer I signed the boys up for swim classes, for eight weeks, twice a week, they got a half hour of pool time, which they shared in a class with four other students. They did improve, but I was dissapointed that they still couldn't swim and cried when their faces got wet. Then I was dissapointed in myself for expecting too much of my children, and then I had to medicate myself with chocolate and red wine.

This summer, when we got to my parents' place, I took the boys to the pool. They were not very excited. Nick said he would go in if someone held him, and Nate said he's "tinkle his toes in the water." We didn't go to the pool every day, but by the end of the two weeks... see for yourselves!



I'm proud. And I think they'll be swimming on their own by the end of the summer.

2 comments:

Jamie said...

whoa! Nick's swimming without floaties!!

Kathleen said...

He actually has a swim bubble around his waist... but it's not too much!