Monday, September 21, 2009

Can't Breed!

I hab a code, an I can't breed.

I spent all afternoon trying to get the kids to pick up their toys. "I will put them all on the high shelf," I said.

Nick looked thoughtful, then finally asked "For how long?"

I sighed. "For a long time. For at least a week. So are you going to pick them up, or do I have to put them on the high shelf?"

Nate looked at me, serious and wide eyed. "High shelf!"

What followed was hours of boys shoving toys under beds, getting found out, crying, blaming, hitting each other, crying some more, a little bit of picking up, and ending with Nathan shoving all the toys he picked up on top of his dresser - the highest shelf he could reach. Because that as so much easier than the toy bin. Which is right there, on the floor.

I am not feeling well. I would like to go to sleep now. But I am forced to sit here and watch the season premiere of HOUSE.

2 comments:

g. fox said...

and it was SO GOOD. but I am so sorry you are feeling poopy.

love,
meg*

Unknown said...

House! I missed it! MIssed it! Grr. Your story about the high shelf is sorely brilliant. Sore because I know it sucks and it hurts. It is also brilliant because you saw it the way you did, and because you wrote it the way you wrote it. I love you.