Sunday, September 13, 2009

Join The Chorus


Church services started today, and that's not the only thing. That's right, choir rehearsals! Actually, choir rehearsals started a couple of weeks ago for me, but Sundays after service is rehearsal time for the Youth Choir. Guess who's giving it a try this year?

Yup, Nick and Nate.

Nate is really too young to be in the choir, at 3, but I didn't think there would be any way to get him to sit around and watch Nick. So both of them had their first rehearsal today. They look so small, sitting there with the big kids. The director handed them the music and the took the sheets of paper and leafed through it, as though they could read the music, let alone the words. And they sat there, listening to the music, and dividing up into parts, and sometimes even singing.

FYI - I know that singing is my interest, and not the kids, yet. But I told them they only had to try out two songs, and then they could decide if they wanted to stay in choir.

At one point the director was trying to get the kids to learn some notes. "This sounds familiar," he said. And then he sang the same notes to "Bob, the Builder!" And Nathan's face lit up like it was Christmas.

3 comments:

Jamie said...

Bob the Builder, the who's 'who are you,' the hello dolly songs plugged into Wall-E,they could come out with their own album. I think it's a great idea to try to get them into it now :)

g. fox said...

http://www.dooce.com/2009/09/14/first-nudge-toward-edge-nest

I just thought you'd like her. this post is about taking her daughter to kindergarten for the first time.

Anonymous said...

Yay! I'm so excited for the boys to try chorus. I might just have to come up one Sunday and hear them. And hear you. :)

Mo