Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Holiday Haunting!

Last Christmas, we got one of those little cards that play music when you open them. This one played an electronic beeped version of "We Wish You A Merry Christmas." And during the post holiday clean-up, the card must has gotten stashed in the kitchen drawers, which I recently cleaned out.

Before I could throw the card away, the boys noticed it and immediately began fighting over it.

Naturally, a few days into the beeping and warbling, the card had me batty, and I snuck it into the trash. Not the usual trash, but the trash I take to the dump - It was mixed in with some bigger items.

This was last week.

Tonight I thought about putting the trash out so I wouldn't have to tomorrow, but I noticed a couple of things. 1 - the trash was really smelly, and the crows would have it all over our lawn before dawn, and 2 - the trash can must have a hole in it, and also the trash bag, because the beet soup I had thrown out has now leaked all over the garage floor in a nice, bright red puddle that looks frighteningly like blood. Smelly beet blood.

And then I realized that I was hearing it. Tiny, tinny, persistent and off tune, wishing me a Merry Christmas as I pondered the consequences of leaving the beet stain on our garage floor.

And this was when I knew I was actually insane.

.

2 comments:

Lindax0x0x0x0x said...

Mwah hah hah hah hah hah hah! It's the Haunted Christmas Card that murders vegetables -- just in time for Halloween!

Debs said...

But isn't crazy the best state of mind to be in?!