Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Cavities

I went to the dentist last week.

It was all messed up. First off, I had to take Nick with me, because he had a fever higher than 100 less than 24 hours earlier.

And then there was the fact that it was a new dentist. You may recall me posting about my old dentist. It was this guy with a beard and a pony tail who lived in the middle of nowhere, worked out of a home office, and had no receptionist or hygienist, just him. And he was great, my appointments always began on time, lasted twenty minutes, and had no copay. But his equipment was old, he sent the bill to the insurance company 6 months late, and he didn't call to remind me about my next appointment. Before I knew it, it had been a year and I hadn't seen him, so I figured I'd try the place I take the kids.

It took forever, and it wasn't even a cleaning, just x-rays. Which were the really cool new ones that just show right up of the computer... My last dentist didn't even have a computer to record appointments, he used a big calendar and a pencil. But it turns out I have two cavities. My whole life I've only ever had one. So I guess I'm due. But still... yuck.

2 comments:

Lindax0x0x0x0x said...

You know I hate you for that.

Debs said...

Hope you can get them fixed without too much pain or expense.
My dentist did that cool x-rays to computer thing last time i went, very clever.