Monday, October 25, 2010

New England

Living in New England, the sticky buggy summers and the cold, freezing dreary winters, is worth it for the fall.Fall here lasts about a week. It starts with a blush of color in the leaves, and suddenly the color just pops out. It lasts until the first heavy wind or rain, and then we have dead leaves clogging or gutters and cluttering our lawns and naked trees letting us see right into our neighbors' yard.

But the leaves... in some places, the sun shines right through them, and the air itself turns. Driving home, I caught Andrew chanting softly, "yellow yellow yellow yellow orange orange yellow..."

I only have pictures of our backyard, though.

5 comments:

Jamie said...

sooooo nice

Jean said...

Ahhhh, gorgeous. I love fall.

Lindax0x0x0x0x said...

Wow! If you're stuck inside sick, just the view should make you feel better!

Debs said...

I love that last shot. And I love that THAT is your back yard. You lucky folk! We don't have anything :(

Susan's Losin' said...

These photos make me REALLY miss New England! Beautiful!