Sunday, November 21, 2010

There's Always Something

So we got Nathan a new coat. And I was silly enough to think that was it, we were all set for winter, because I was sure Nate could still squeeze into the red snowpants, just for one more season.

I was also sure the boots we had were still good.

But for some reason, Nick insists the size 12 boots are too tight, and Nate insists the size 11 boots are too tight.

Nate can wear the size 12 boots.

I guess we need to get Nick some boots.

Before I do I guess I should get Andy to try on the size 9 Thomas boots we've had since Nick was 18 months old. Just to make sure.

And while we're at it, it would probably be wise to have Nate try on those size 4 snowpants. Just to make sure. And Andy should try on the size 3. And Nick can and will fit into the size 6/7 snowpants which were so so so big on him last year I had to roll up the cuffs to his knees.

Someone needs to invent clothing that grows with the child. Durable clothing that grows with the child. And that is not so ugly I want to scream. Something cute. With, like, rocket ships or snowflakes on it or something, in a color a normal human being would wear.

I'm going to drink more coffee now, and then keep throwing away random objects I find on the floor.

2 comments:

Lindax0x0x0x0x said...

Listen. I tried as hard as I could to keep all you kids little. I think your Mom tried too. Nothing we did worked. If you think you can figure out how to freeze them at one cute size, go for it. There's a greater probability of figuring that out than cute, durable clothes that grow with the kid.

PS Love the seasonal background!

Jamie said...

If you give them coffee they won't grow so quickly