Monday, November 08, 2010

Pink Bellbottoms


My college singing group did a couple of numbers from Hair. And a bunch of us drove to a thrift shop and purchased, specifically for one of these numbers, items that would look more 70's than 90's. I myself got these pink bellbottoms.

I wore them twice. Both times for the musical numbers.

I decided to wear them this year for Halloween. I was very pleased that I fit into them. But I noticed that they weren't nearly as bell bottomy as I remembered them being. In fact, they were a lot like my normal jeans, except they aren't so big that they are falling down at my hips. In fact, Steve said I could wear them on any normal day, but I still feel a little odd and not brave enough to do that.

But it's my birthday, so I'm posting this photo and asking the internet for it's opinions. What do you think?

4 comments:

Jules said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY FLEEN!! Love you lots and sending lots of happy thoughts your way! Hope you have a great day!!!!

Jamie said...

I could see why these pants would be considered outrageously hippy dippy in a time when tapered pants were all the rage. However, they don't seem all that vintage today. Happy birthday Kathleen!!!

Lindax0x0x0x0x said...

Happy Birthday, Kathleen! Hope you enjoyed the stamp I included with your birthday card!

Debs said...

Happy Birthday.

I love the trousers (hehe, just had to be a bit British! Seriously though, I think you could wear them on a regular basis)