Friday, November 19, 2010

Dear Santa

Santa, this is the first year I felt pressured to send you a letter before Thanksgiving. It seems the season begins earlier each year, but here we are, the songs on the radio, the merchandise on the shelves, and more catalogs arriving daily. If left up to me, I would leave it until Saturday after Thanksgiving. Apparently this year you would like to get a head start. I understand. Gift giving can be a challenge. And so, our yearly letter to you, letting you know just what we all need.

First The Boys:
(If you will let me know what you are giving the boys, I will try and update this list, crossing out or noting when a specific item is purchased by any one of Santa's Elves.)

The boys have enough toys. They really do not need anything else, nor do we have room for anything else in the house. The best gift you can give them is truly the gift of your time. Take them somewhere - the zoo, the movies, to a special museum, and let them know it is your gift to them. Spending time with you, um, Santa, is what is most important and will create special memories that will last forever. (Bonus - this can double as a gift to Me and Steve if you give us enough time to plan a special outing of our own!)

The boys do need clothing, specifically pants, and their sizes are listed below. There is a trickle-down theory in effect here: Nick and Nate need clothes more than Andy, who has lots of hand-me-downs, but the pants wear out very quickly because of the knee-hole phenomenon. They love PJ's but don't need them (Andy has so many he'll never wear them all).

If you would like to contribute to their bank accounts, I can arrange it, and it will be much appreciated later on.

Finally, if you are stuck with the idea that you absolutely MUST get the boys something, I suggest that you consider a book, as they all love books. Art supplies are good, but please no crayons or finger paints - regular paints would be great as we have just run out. I would ask that you avoid stuffed animals and anything with many small parts or pieces, or anything so large we need to put on an extra room in the house. Also, you may come over to help the boys pick up the toys any time you would like.

The suggestions below are merely suggestions, not requirements. In other words, Mom - I mean Santa - Don't go out and buy everything on the list. If they get nothing on it, they will survive and be well. I have put things on it they ave asked for. That is all.

Nicholas - Age 6
Pants - 5 going on 6, or 6 slim.
Shirt - 6 or small boys regular
shoes - size 11 1/2 or 12
Asking for : Games for his DS (specifically a Mario one), A Zhu Zhu Pet (Regular or Kung Zhu), and Pokemon cards.
Likes: Bakugan, zoobles, zhu zhu pets, video games

Nathan - Age 5 ( on Jan. 16)
Pants - 4 going on 5
Shirt - 5 or small boys regular
shoes - 11
Asking for: Trio blocks (we have some, he wants more), This Human Body,
Likes: Dragons, Human Anatomy, Books, anything anyone else is into.

Andrew - Age 3 ( on Dec. 17)
Pants - 3
Shirt - 3
Shoes - 9
Asking for: Thomas Take Along Sets (not the roundhouse, or knapford station),
Likes: Trains, Toy Story

Would Do For All Three (meaning they have all asked for it, but no family should have more than one / expensive) :
Stinky The Trash Truck
Bigfoot
Criss Cross Crash


Steve:
Steve is always tough to shop for. I struggle with it myself. But he is very important to me, so here are a few clues / ideas. He has a boat, which he likes, so a gift certificate to West Marine might be useful. He might also like a gift certificate to New Egg. If you want his sizes, I'll find out for you, but I just don't really know. Maybe itunes or barnes and noble gift cards? He has an ipad and likes to read books on it. I'll add more things when / if they come to mind.


And Finally, Moi:
Shirt - small / medium depending on the cut.
pants - size 6 for short people (is this petite? I'm not sure.)
shoes - 8

I would like... oh, anything really. I'll give you some ideas, but I'm telling you, if I get nothing but socks and a chocolate Santa, I'll be happy. But there better be a chocolate Santa.

I really enjoyed the soaps and shampoos I got last year, especially the natural / organic ones. I need a strap or clip for my iPod nano, so I don't have to hold it when I run. I would use a gift certificate to iTunes, but don't tell Steve. I could really use some picture frames, especially for larger sized photographs, and they don't have to be expensive. I like all kinds of chocolate, but mostly milk chocolate. I love Diet Dr. Pepper and never buy it. I could always use new clothing (ooo, a sweater!) , and appreciate everyone else's taste in style (because I have never really had any), but specifically these pants, or this shirt, or this shirt, or these tights. I like Athleta (I know!) and Acacia. I could use some workout stuff, like a a big ball, or some yoga DVDs. I also really like things people make or draw or bake, so cookies, drawings, bath salts, bookmarks, go for it!

That is all for now, Santa. I know, it's a lot to take in. You can just ignore this letter if it makes things easier, because there are no mistakes here. Thank you for your time and your patience. And Merry Merry Christmas.

Very, very early.

3 comments:

Jamie said...

Thank you!!!

Lindax0x0x0x0x said...

Hooray! I'm having a meeting with Santa later this afternoon!

Debs said...

Now that is organised!
I'm supposed to be helping Santa coordinate things around here, but since my siblings are all grown up I can't just invent lists for them, they need to tell me what they want, and some of them are being so slow!