Saturday, November 13, 2010

Nobody Panic

Last night we finally were able to go out for my birthday dinner.

See, we were originally going to go out Monday, my actual birthday, but then Nick came home with a headache and we decided it wasn't worth torturing him or ourselves by expecting good behavior.

I've been wanting to go to this place for some time. It's a Japanese Hibachi place, but has wonderful sushi and lunch options, kid sized hibachi options, and also has killer Mai Tais. Ask me how I know.

Anyway, the kid were excited. I knew this because once we sat down Nate explained to Andy about fifty times that they were going to cook the food ON THE TABLE! RIGHT IN FRONT OF US!

This distracted Andy from the fact that there were other people sitting with us, a family of three. When they first sat down, Andrew leaned toward them and shouted "Hey! We're sitting here!"

The first thing that the cook did was to squirt oil all over the hot stove and then ignite it, causing the flames to roar and everyone to gasp.

Except Andrew, who covered his face and started whimpering, "Mom? Mom? Mom?" As in "Fix it! Aren't you going to DO anything? Save me!"

I leaned over and rubbed his back. "It's OK," I said. "It's going away, see?"

At which point Andy looked up, saw the flames gone, and announced very loudly, for anyone else in the establishment that might still be worried, "It's OK, Everyone! It's just fire!"

Yes, yes. Nobody panic. It's only fire. Have a Mai Tai.

3 comments:

Jamie said...

:) This made my day

Lindax0x0x0x0x said...

I love this! It sounds like it should be an episode on Parenthood!

g. fox said...

I swear that little man is 90 years old. LOVE!