Thursday, November 25, 2010

Let Us Give Thanks

It is Thanksgiving.

This is the day I thank the universe for all that I have. I am grateful for my family, for my boys and for my husband. I am thankful for our home and the warmth it gives. I am thankful for our furnace.
I am thankful for the food we eat. I am thankful for farmers, especially those who promote natural and organic farming, and those who do not use antibiotics in their feed.
I am thankful for my church and the people in it, for our library and the librarians who are so good to my boys, and to the schools my children go to. I am thankful that the boys love going to all three of these places.
I am thankful that my boys are being given the opportunity to learn. I am thankful for the internet. I am thankful for Glee. I am thankful for good books and inexpensive red wine and music that takes me by surprise.
I am thankful for our car, that we can afford to buy gas, and that we have places to go if a huge storm hits.
I am thankful we have not had a huge storm, an earthquake, a zombie infestation, or been hit my a meteor.
I am thankful for so many things I do not have time to list them all. Be thankful for little boy naps - that's the only reason this post exists in the first place.

Happy Thanksgiving, All!

2 comments:

Lindax0x0x0x0x said...

Buon Giorno del Ringraziamento! I love you Fleen!

Jamie said...

Love and love, happy Thanksgiving!!