Saturday, March 17, 2012

Back To Life, with Leprechaun

Today is St. Patrick's Day. As everyone knows, this is the time of year the Leprechaun bounces around from house to house, causing little fits of mischief and leaving gold coins and candy in his wake.

Never heard of this? Well then you obviously haven't gone to preschool in the past fifteen years! Because that's where I learned about this wonderful visit. Last year I was convinced the leprechaun was going to pass us by, but the day before St. Patrick's Day Nick spent all of lunchtime wondering what the Leprechaun was going to do, explaining everything to his younger brothers. They were not at all let down when all the little guy left was Twix candy bars and green Tic-Tacs.  He put off shopping too long, you see, and the stores were stripped of gold coins and green glitter.

This year he left Lucky Charms for breakfast, and the milk magically turned green once in the bowls! Also, he turned the water in the toilets green. Ewww.

On a different note...

It comes to my attention that I have been off the boat longer than I was on it. I have been home for over a week. And I have almost gotten to the point where the world doesn't spin when I sit still and close my eyes.

And yet every post so far has been an endless list of photographs parading down the page.

But that stops as of now. Back to life. It's time to start posting about things around here. Sorry there are no pictures. I'll have plenty for next week. At least, I'll try.


1 comment: