Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Other People's Photos

Virginia is the Captain of the boat. You have to do everything she says. A the end of the trip she presented each of us with a number of gifts, including a personal photo album of our trip. I really like and admire her a lot.

Another thing she does is borrow everyone's cameras at different points and download everyone's photographs. At the end of the trip she will place all of the photographs on a flash drive, so everyone ends up with 850 photographs of the vacation. Many people, such as Terry, refuse to do this because 850 photographs are too many to look at. She has a point. It makes selecting which photos to share or include in albums almost impossible. This is why each of these vacations posts have eleven images.

I promised Virginia that I would take my flash drive and share it with my parents, because they do not understand how these things work. One of the first things I did was go to my mother's computer and plug in the flash drive. Then I opened up iPhoto. And there were photos of the boat.

I was confused. I hadn't transfered the photos, yet I recognized this picture of me from behind... It took a moment, but it finally dawned on me that this was not a photograph of me. It was actually a photograph of Linda.

On the boat.

Linda didn't go on the boat this year, she went last year.

I was looking at last year's photographs.

Which were the last photographs added to Mom's iPhoto account.

Because she doesn't open it. Ever.



One of the best things about getting to have other people's photographs, though, is that sometimes, or most of the time, other people turn out to be better photographers than you do. Or than I do. Also, I now actually have photographs from a vacation I took and I am in some of the pictures!

2 comments:

Jean said...

I'm loving all these wonderful photos of your trip. Looks like a great time was had by all!!

Lindax0x0x0x0x said...

Ha ha ha! I am laughing so hard! As if we could ever be mistaken for one another...esp from behind! O, you are very funny!