Saturday, February 09, 2013

And Now, Photographs of Snow

So... um... It's snowing here?

In case you hadn't heard, it's snowing in the NorthEast. A lot. They knew it would. They predicted up to 2 feet of snow, and people started freaking out, and then the amount of possible snow kept rising. We could get over 36 inches of snow. There would be winds! Oh! The Winds! And it would be COLD!

I bumped my usual Friday shopping day to Thursday morning. The grocery store was already more crowded than usual. "Bread and Milk! It's going to snow! I need bread and milk! And five cases of bottled water!" And of course, people would bring up the blizzard of '78. "Our street wasn't plowed for a week! We went to the store on a sled!"

Anyway.

They cancelled all of Friday. They cancelled most of Saturday.

It snowed all day Friday, and we got....eh. Snow.

It is now Saturday morning.

I went to let the dog out. This is what I saw.

2013

In case you can't make it out, it's out back porch with about a foot of snow pressed against the door. I quickly realized that Gunther, once out, would have to pee on the porch because he would never make it down the porch steps. So I let him out the front door.

Gunther, Feb 2013

Gunther couldn't go more than two feet. He didn't know what to do when he got down into the snow. He just kept turning around and coming back. And, to be fair, there is a lot of snow out there. You can tell when you look at my car.
Feb. 2013


And the fron porch itself had a good deal of snow on it. Which is odd, because it's a covered porch. It doesn't usually get snow. Even the doorknob got snowed on. There were winds, I tell you.
Feb. 2013 

Feb. 2013


And it's still snowing. That's the thing. Snow will be falling until 4pm. Saturday is cancelled. I may declare today non-stop movie day, except when we go outside. Which I'm nervous about, quite honestly. I felt like Gunther couldn't make it around the corner. I'm afraid I might actually lose a child in the snow.





1 comment:

Lindax0x0x0x0x said...

Ahh, don't worry; you'll find them in the spring!