Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy Day Of Love

I have a lot of issues with Valentine's Day.

While I celebrate the idea of spreading joy, leaving people small gifts, and chocolate in general, I find something wrong in the Hallmark idea that you'll be in the doghouse if you don't spend wads of cash on overpriced paper goods, heart shaped boxes of mediocre candy, and jewels, wine, and dine.

This year I came up with the bright idea of having the boys make their own valentines. After purchasing blank cards, doily hearts, glitter glue, and stickers, I spent five times more than I would have if I'd have simply gotten the Iron Man valentine's with the pencil goodies. Also, we ended up with cards that were... different. A heart sticker, and in Crayon "Happe-V-day. To You. Form Nate."

Anyway, what's done is done. Next time I know.

Next year, I'll print out the cards I found at College Humor.  They are Puritan Holiday cards. Of which this is one.  Enjoy your day.


1 comment:

Lindax0x0x0x0x said...

Happe-V-Day to all of you too!