Tuesday, February 05, 2013

The Storm After The Calm

See, there was actually a couple of days this past week that weren't really busy.

I mean, don't get me wrong, I had things to do. But they weren't URGENT. They weren't things that needed to be done RIGHT AWAY. So I didn't do them. Or I started doing them but at a slow, leisurely pace.

Tell me what happens next. You know, don't you?

That's right. Other things popped up.

I sat down to make a few phone calls and the boys decided it would be a great time to try and kill each other with their fingernails. I volunteered for a (small) additional task on Sundays. I forgot that I was supposed to be rehearsing something for Sunday. I suddenly remembered I was supposed to attend Nick's Valentine's Day Party at school, and I need a craft suitable for 22 second graders. And at 9:30 last night I got an email from my DI  co-coach saying she forgot to tell me she was going out of town, and I'd be on my own for the meeting today. That's me and 8 boys, and I have nothing planned.

So... add to that the extra karate class planned on Wednesday to help prepare for a future tournament, someone testing for a new belt, a playdate, and each child needing 20 valentine's  for their friends...

I'm freaking. Taking deep breaths. One day at a time. Drinking lots of herbal tea. Once I write it all out and plot it on my schedule, I can identify the last task, and then I'll know which day I'm looking forward to. I'm not sure, but I think it's February vacation.

1 comment:

Lindax0x0x0x0x said...

Something tells me February vacation won't be a vacation for you -- you'll be organising things for the boys to do in order to keep them from killing one another with their fingernails!