Sunday, February 24, 2013

Movie Queen

There was a time when I could waltz into the Academy Awards (or a room where the Academy Awards were on TV) and have seen every single film. Or almost every single film. Usually the ones nominated for Best Picture, and probably most of the Actor / Actress categories.

Of course, that was back when going to the movies was my go to activity for any given day.

These days, it is not.

Of all the movies talked about or nominated for Academy Awards this year, I have seen two. Three if you count Wreck-It-Ralph.

Actually, this isn't true. I just went back to double check the list, and it looks like I had already seen a couple before making my Must See list, and then I crossed two off the list since I made it. There are still, like, fourteen movies still on there.

Anyway, I've seen four of the nominated films. Including Wreck-It-Ralph. And Brave. It would have been six, but I din't watch Frankenweenie with the boys, or the Band Of Pirates movie, either.

Still,  (and on to the point of this post) I was sitting and taling about movies with the boys and I could actually see the day coming when I could take them to see a few of these movies. Sure, they might think they were boring, but did I not sit through Amadeus as a child? Why could't I bring a nine year old to see Lincoln? OK, maybe not. But a few of them. Right? Maybe? In maybe just a couple of years?


1 comment:

Lindax0x0x0x0x said...

Look, I will happily take the boys to every single feature length animation there is!!! I still try to make Jamie take me them & he is losing interest now. I missed Brave & Frankenweenie & really really wanted to see them!!! Even Band of Pirates -- I wanted to see that one too!!