Sunday, March 31, 2013

Happy Easter!

Easter Eggs 2013
I love Easter because it means there will be spring. When I was a kid we'd go hunting for eggs among actual daffodils, and these days it always seems to be thirty degrees and clumps of snow all over the ground, but still...  It's a time of rebirth, renewal of life, new hope. Spring is here. Also, chocolate.

Easter Eggs 2013
This year we didn't manage to do pysanky.  Those are the eggs done with beeswax and layers of dye. The past couple of years I've taken the boys aside one by one and helped them heat the wax, draw on the eggs, and scrape off the wax once the egg was done. But this year I have been trying to simplify and breathe more, and I didn't think the boys would notice.

Oh, but they did.

It's OK, though. They did regular eggs dyed with food coloring, and all turned out well. They had fun. I let them decorate with crayons and stickers and glitter glue. We'll go back to the fancy eggs next year.

Easter Eggs 2013


1 comment:

Lindax0x0x0x0x said...

Happy Easter all you Griffises! Hope the Bunny brings you all lots of chocolate!