Friday, March 15, 2013

Last Bit of Winter

These are actually a few photos from a trip we took a couple of weeks ago, at the beginning of March. It was to a lodge a little upstate, where there is plenty of hiking and in the winter people snowshoe and go cross country skiing.

We don't do those things, mostly because the boys start complaining three minutes into any walk we take. But we did go sledding.

The sledding hill was a little walk from the lodge. And getting to the top of the hill took a lot of work. Also, we could have kept going, but it got SO steep that I told Nate we had to stop.

I went down the hill twice. Which was brave of me. As it turns out, I don't like speeding down mountains, I much prefer sipping cocoa and doing puzzles.

walking to the sledding hill, Cardigan, March 2013

View from the top of the sledding hill. That dot on the right is Nate . Cardigan, March 2013

This was a small river we passed. I like how the snow tries to cover it up.
Cardigan, March 2013



1 comment:

Lindax0x0x0x0x said...

So beautiful! And what a sledding hill! I'll bet the boys had a ball!