Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Pop Tart Cat (internet Pt. 1)


A few weeks ago, Nick asked me to look something up on the internet.

"Could you look up Nyan Cat?" he asked me.

I rolled my eyes - his friend down the street is allowed to bring his DS on the school bus, and every morning they watch videos and play games while my innocent son has his mind infested with all sorts of information this other kid has picked up from his four older brothers and sisters.

So I typed in "NION CAT" and a bunch of links pop up for Nyan Cat.

Most lead to this video right here. If you watch it for 20 seconds, you've got the gist of it. Nothing else happens. There is no surprise ending, no change os music, animation, background, anything. Just the same thing for 3 minutes and 37 seconds.

"He kind of looks like a pop tart," I said. I didn't realize this cat was also known as "Pop Tart Cat."


Anyway, Nick has begun making things out of paper. I'll turn around and suddenly the kitchen table (and floor) is full of little bits of shredded paper and glue and markers. Nick will hold up a bunch of paper and say "I made a book!" or "I made a pig!" or "Look at my new cell phone!" and then the next fifteen minutes he spends telling me how it works. Then I ask him to clean up the mess and he forgets how to speak English and suddenly remembers something he left in the bathroom upstairs.



The other day he went to school and I walked into the living room to find this:

Nick's Cat March 2013
What is this? I go to take a closer look. Yup. It's a cat. Nick's very own Pop Tart Cat. Complete with legs and a tail.
Nick's Cat March 2013

But I don't need to worry. Nick has taken care of him and fed him before he left for school.

Nick's Cat March 2013

Needless to say I left him there.



1 comment:

Lindax0x0x0x0x said...

I don't get the internet thingy, but I LOVE the Pop Tart Cat & his food!