Tuesday, July 15, 2008

never again

I know, I know, it's Tuesday evening, so this post must be about the grocery store!

But wait, you haven't heard this one yet.

Today's trip was the worst ever. How is that possible? After the time Nate hit Nick over the head with soup? After that one time all three kids left crying? After the time forgot my list and forgot to buy milk?

Well, yes. Today was worse.

It took us 20 minutes at the deli counter to get a pound of sliced ham.

Nick spilled the bottle of water I had given him all over the floor.

Nate threw up.

We all had to turn around and use the restroom.

Nicholas walked right into one of those stupid freestanding displays they put in the middle of the aisles.

I then walked my cart directly into one of the stupid freestanding displays, knocking it over and sending forty glass jars of salsa crashing to the floor where they exploded in a mess of broken glass and jalapenos.

Nathan spilled HIS bottle of water on the floor.

I must have looked a mess because one of the checkout guys asked me how I was holding up and I couldn't answer him because I knew if I did I would start crying.

So the NEW PLAN is that I NEVER GO SHOPPING AGAIN. At least until school starts in September. Please send fruit baskets and care packages or my boys will starve.

5 comments:

Pig wot flies said...

Oh Kathleen! Hugs!

Jamie said...

well, you win. that sounds like a real nightmare. might I recommend fresh direct?

Anonymous said...

Yeah, kathleen. Totally do it all online and have them deliver. Or hire an errand boy. Seriously. Pay some high school kid $40 to do your grocery shopping once a week. Totally worth it. Aunt Anne-E.

Lindax0x0x0x0x said...

Give up shopping & blogging, but not mommying. You will need the mommying for material for your stand-up career. Trust me, you will make millions & be able to afford a personal shopper. I have to go wipe the tears of laughter from my eyes now.

Lou said...

If we could order groceries online here in our section of NH, I would weep with joy.