Friday, October 09, 2009

The Bare Truth

Andrew is learning how to do more and more things.

He can push the stool from the bathroom to the light switch so that he can turn the lights off. And on. And off. And on. He can put his clothes in the hamper. He can help me put away groceries.

And he can undress himself.

The other morning he climbed into my bed, and I reluctantly got up, waving him out of my room as I blindly groped for my robe and socks.

When I got to the bedroom, he was wearing only his PJ top. He had taken off his pants, AND his diaper. He had put his diaper in the diaper bin in the bathroom. The scraping noise I had heard in my sleep wasn't Nathan getting a drink of water, it was Andy, pushing the bathroom stool over to the toilet so that he could stand on it to pee.

He never actually pees, by the way, he just stands there, aiming.

Which, I suppose, was better than what happened later that day, when I told him I'd meet him in a moment to change his diaper, but he had already removed it and was sitting on the bath mat. Which, under the circumstances, was not so great. Because his bum was not so clean.

And sometimes he just takes his clothes off because. Maybe because he knows how cute he is in a diaper, and senses that this may not always be the case.

1 comment:

Lindax0x0x0x0x said...

Ahhh, nekkid-noodie-bebes...the BEST! Take pictures, send them to friends & relatives now & save some for later...when he starts bringing the girlfriends over!