Thursday, October 15, 2009

Days Like This


This was taken a little over a week ago. It was so warm that I took the boys out to play in the backyard and I read my book in the grass.

Today was cold.

Once again I had to sort through the winter coats and snowpants and boots.

Andrew has, of course, grown out of the baby snowsuit that all three kids have used. So I boosted him into the next size up, and gave him the Thomas boots that Nate wedged his feet into last year.

Nathan got Nick's boots from last year, which fit him quite well. His jacket from last year was so tight it could hardly zip. So he got Nick's red snowpants and jacket.

Nicholas was the only one that could still fit into his things from last year. But since I had to give his things to Nate, I went ahead and got Nick a new coat, new boots, and new snowpants. But I got them one size up, figuring it would make more sense to have different sizes. Nick's boots fit. Nick's coat is kind of cool, a little big, but doable. Nick's snowpants are about a foot longer than his legs. Hmm.

I figure they'll work out. I'll just roll them up. Maybe we won't get a lot of snow this year.

1 comment:

Lindax0x0x0x0x said...

Hmm, I'm thinking we're in for the snow thing this year. But maybe it will only hit us down here & not you up there. Snow fell in CT & Morris Cnty, NJ yesterday -- already!! I'm hoping it was just a delivery mistake!