Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Going The Distance

Steve and I are in the process of planning a few trips this year. These trips involve getting on a plane and flying hundreds, maybe thousands of miles. When I think of travel, this is usually what I think of - planes, the TSA, and all the stupid "security" measures, not to mention the ways the airlines have started charging for checked bags, all while complaining loudly about carry-ons, and how that will effect me and my three children.

But that is only one kind of travel. A few times a year we also make trips in our car. We drive to NY, or Tennessee.

We had a snowstorm. We haven't gotten as much snow as New York, but our travel is still affected. Not just long range travel, such as hopping on a plane, but getting in a car. It is so slippery, we can't even drive to the store, or to the movies.

Just walking up the driveway to the mailbox is an adventure.

No comments: