Friday, December 24, 2010


It's the day before Christmas!
The big day draws near!
We have run out of time!
It's already here!

I've been baking and cleaning
And shopping and wrapping
And singing and hanging
And watching and clapping.

With so many items on
My to-do list-it,
I'm count myself lucky
That I haven't missed it.

By all of the must-dos
I've been so distracted
And frantic, not happy
Is how I have acted.

It's easy to forget
That there is a reason
To all of the crazy things
We do this season.

It isn't to party
Or hang the most lights
Or give the most gifts
Or avoid the most fights.

This time of year
Is for Peace, Hope, and Joy,
For Goodwill to all,
Not the best, biggest toy.

To spend time with family
And our friends who are closest
Will make the best memories,
And this matters the mostest.

We all do out best to help
Those who have not,
We write out our check,
Drop our coins on the pot

And maybe we donate
A favorite old sweater
Or a toy, or canned food,
Or else answer a letter

To old Santa Clause
Who could use a hand
With his to-do list.
I'm sure you understand.

But all of this rushing
And running and driving
Can come to an end,
'Cause the day is arriving!

I wish you all Peace
And Love and Goodwill!
May your turkey be warm,
Your champagne have a chill.

If I could capture this feeling,
Place it under your tree
It's what I would give you,
Your present from me.

2 comments:

g. fox said...

missing you and those lovely boys this Christmas. give them hugs from me!

Jamie said...

I love this!! Merry Christmas Kathleen! Can't wait to see you soon!