Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Too Smart For My Own Good

A few weeks ago, I ordered someone a Christmas Present.

I was kind of proud about this one. Not only was it one of the first gifts that I purchased, but it was for one of those people I never know what to get, usually one of the last people left on my list, someone totally impossible to shop for. I'm not mentioning any names.

I received delivery of the gift. I remember getting it. I remember opening it at my kitchen counter. And I remember thinking to my self that I should put it away, that I couldn't keep it in the kitchen until Christmas, because Christmas was still weeks away.

And two weeks ago I realized I hadn't wrapped the gift yet. And also that I had no idea where I put it.

I have looked in the three major places I usually stash gifts, searching each box, each bag, every pocket and every stack of papers. But I can't find it.

So I went back online, figuring I would purchase another one, only to find they were sold out. "Sold Out! More After Christmas!"

I'm really frustrated and angry, not to mention in a bit of a panic. I know it will turn up eventually, unless I threw it out somehow. But remember my engagement ring? I think it was missing for almost three months before I found it again. I need this much, much sooner than that.

1 comment:

Lindax0x0x0x0x said...

Just tell the person that this year you are combining Christmas presents with a treasure hunt & that they have to find their gift hidden somewhere in the house! I hope the person you are talking about is a young person & not one of the elders!