Sunday, December 05, 2010

Coming Clean

I know, I haven't been posting anything "real" or worth a darn over the last few days. I'm sorry. See, the truth is, I'm running around all hectic.

First of all, I'm trying to finish my holiday shopping. And it's difficult. Some people I have covered, but others, you are just difficult people. And you'll know who you are. The same people every year get the same old silly socks and t-shirts and mugs with kitties on them.

I picked up mittens off the giving tree at the library, thinking I could buy a few things for people who needed them. I mean, these are everyday items. Like "Socks" or "Pants" and I feel a little awful because these are items that I might put off buying, but not because I can't afford them. So I figure I'll get them for people who need them, right? Only no, not really, because every single mitten seems to have contradictory information. Like it's for a 7-year old girl who wears a size 14 pant. Maybe she'll grow into them? Or a 13 year old girl who would like a size 9 pant. As though this exists, because I only ever find even sizes, so what do I do then?

And on top of all that, my home is sprinkled with toys. The boys pull everything out, put nothing back, and then act surprised and cry and scream when I insist on them cleaning things up. "Time to clean up!" I say. "Not Fair!" "It was ANDY!" "CLEAN UP, NATHAN!" "WHAAAAAAAA!" I have good reason to just throw it all away and start from scratch. My throat hurts from screaming back.

Anyway, here's another link for Hanukkah. It made me laugh. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Lindax0x0x0x0x said...

I love socks! And I could really use some new dishtowels!! Hint, hint, hint!