Friday, October 07, 2011

Dear Clothing Fairy

We'll take three of everything, please.


When Nick was born I found the number of little outfits he had laughable. Hundreds of little onesies and footie PJ's... I would have had to change him three times a day for him to wear everything once. Lucky for us, this almost happened. Infants, you know.

I still decided that it might make more sense to limit the number of clothes we got the boys. After all, they would grow out of them so quickly.

Eight years later, we have reached the point where I have changed my mind. It might be true about infants and even toddlers, but my kids are not growing fast enough for me to worry about growing out of clothes. In fact, as I know I've mentioned, I worry more about clothing making it through the week, because my kids tend to rip them and make holes in them and spill stuff of them... (thought - if it stains clothing so badly, do I really want them eating it? Hmmm.)

And so I think it might be time to do what I have put off for years and.... actually, I have never really done this: A Clothes Shopping Trip for The Boys! Usually I buy one or two things at most, but I may need to grit my teeth and just stock up, buying each child more than one outfit. In fact, I might buy each child five additional outfits, just so we can make it to Christmas.

On the other hand, that might be a good way to ensure growth spurts in all three.

1 comment:

Lindax0x0x0x0x said...

Send sizes. We can all help! And I see cute boy things all the time!